Monday, March 1, 2010

Checking in...


OK, it’s been awhile since our last class! I hope you have been shooting lots of photos. I’m not sure if I told you that for every 100 shots I take, I’m doing well if I get 1 or 2 that I would consider sharing with others. As you shoot more, the ratio of shots-to-keepers will improve.
What to do if you have 10 or 15 shots that you are happy with!?  Put together a little slideshow using your editing software, dim the lights, and ask a family member or friend to sit at your computer and tell you their favorites. this feedback can help you narrow your images to the 3-4 you will share on Thursday.
To clarify on the homework:

a. Choose 1 theme/shooting assignment from the list on the blog and follow it.
b. Bring 3-4 of your best images to class to share. Try and include one example of natural framing.
c. If your camera will allow you to set the f-stop (apertures), then experiment with depth-of-field.

Keep it fun. Follow the ‘Creativity Tips’ in the links on the blog.
-Mit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, question or thought...