Friday, February 19, 2010

Ice Lens


Check out this amazing shot which a buddy took of me on a hike the other day. We were following a frozen brook on our way to the top of Saddleback Wind Mountain in Carthage when we spotted this beautifully clear and flat ‘stalagmite’ icicle. Chuck put his wide angle lens behind it and shot this image of me taking a photo of him!  The Ice made a natural lens, very groovy! click the images to enlarge.
I’m curious which shooting topics people chose to work on. Would you post a sentence about what you chose and how it is going in the comment section below?
-Mit

 

3 comments:

  1. I chose "animals" and it's been harder than I thought finding 3-4 of the same theme. I can't wait to see what everyone else has done. The ice lens photo is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve...I think I will post these on my website as well. It's awesome that we had both cameras catching it from both views at the same time. I think we may be on to something here. It's a very helpful, visual, teaching tool. Your students are fortunate to have you working for them!
    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry Handrahan said....The ice lens photo is awesome! at first when I looked at it, before I read your insert, I thought it had been taken with a fishyeye lens.
    Not sure what subject I will pick, so many choices...I guess time will tell. Have a great vacation and I'm loving this class too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, question or thought...