Friday, February 12, 2010

Great work!

Hi folks,

You shared had some wonderful images last night in class. You are really moving into the realm of ‘making images’ rather than just ‘recording them’ which is great to see. I hope you are tuning into how other people are reacting to your images. The gasps, comments and laughs say volumes about how others are responding to your work.

I’d like to remind you that this is a newly designed class and I am learning a ton from all of you. As many of you pointed out, creating great images of people can be a real challenge and on many different levels. I will definitely move this lesson to week 4 or 5 the next time I teach this class. I appreciate your continued feedback on how I could improve the class.

Keep checking the blog, as I plan to continue to add more information throughout the next few weeks. I should get to adding some of your images sometime soon.

To clarify on the homework:

a. Choose 1 theme/shooting assignment from the list below and follow it.

b. Apply the compositional rules we have learned, Point of view (POV), Rule of thirds (ROT), bulls-eye, Natural framing, and (if your camera will allow) deliberate use of depth of field.

c. Let’s try to limit your submissions to 3-4 images for the next class.
Keep it fun. Follow the ‘Creativity Tips’ in the links on the blog.

Keep shooting!

-Mit

Shooting assignment choices:

• Up close (macro)
• Pets
• Motion
• Home
• Shadows
• Landscape
• Portrait
• Color (choose one i.e. red, blue, green, etc.)
• Abstract
• Animals
• Clouds
• Documentary
• Photojournalism
• Photo essay
• Nature
• Night
• Light painting
• Still life
• Wildlife
• Sports
• Transportation
• Water/ice
• Fashion
• Trees
• Snow

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure I speak for many others when saying that I am greatly enjoying your class. Yes last weeks assignment was a little tougher but I thought there were some good pictures up on the screen. It's very interesting seeing others pictures. We all have different ideas and see things differently. I like the feedback from others. Hope everyone has a good vacation and see you all in 2 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christi says...
    I'm having trouble picking a theme. I think I'll have to start taking pictures and see which theme evolves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here not sure what theme I want to use I will have to go out and take pictures and see what I come up with before the next class.
    Thanks I am enjoying the class it is fun and interesting see you next week

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, question or thought...